Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the end is near... or is it?

There's so much to tell you this week I don't even know where to begin... but I guess I'll start with an update on my status. My 37 week mark is fast approaching, I can't believe it's almost time for me to leave this nice, cozy place I affectionately call Wombland.

Mom and I went to the midwife yesterday and got a good report. Although Mom isn't dilated the midwife said I'm down really far in Mom's pelvis and in a good birthing position. She said Mom's cervix is thinned out 50% (whatever that means) and that she could feel my head! I wish she could tell Mom if I had any hair, I know she's so curious to know. My heartbeats have definitely slowed down and I was only at 138 bpm. According to the wives tales that would indicate I'm a little boy... interesting.

At this point being almost 37 weeks I'm basically just gaining weight and getting ready for my journey outward. I've already begun to shed my vernix (the waxy coating that has kept me from pruning up in the womb) and from this point forward I'd be considered full term when I decide to come. I'm probably about six pounds and around 18.5 inches long.

This week was so exciting for me and some of my friends. First let me tell you about my baby shower... Sunday Mom, Dad and I found out just how loved we are. We had such a fun baby shower and got so much good stuff. I have to give a special shout out to Mom's cousins Gina and Sandia for making our day so special. Look how excited Mom was to open all the presents.


One of the gifts we received was a three foot tall diaper cake made my Mom's Aunt Susan, Cousin Dawn and her daughter Kyleigh. It took them seven hours to put the cake together and man was it massive. Mom and Dad had a lot of fun dismantling the cake and discovering all the surprises along the way. 


One of the gifts Mom knows will come in handy was an adorable wine glass for new mothers given to her by Nannygoat's dear friend Linda.


There were so many wonderful gifts given to us at the shower I couldn't even begin to tell you about all of them but I thought this one was especially cute... it's from Mom's friend Whitney. Isn't it adorable? I can't wait to wear it.


I also wanted to show you some of the details from the shower. The centerpieces for the table were stacks of books and on top of the books were little towers of blocks made especially for me with owls stamped on them. There were also yummy donuts given as party favors for all the guests along with bookmarks to go along with the books on the tables. Our cake was homemade by Mom's cousin Kenny's aunt and it was delicious with strawberry filling.



After the shower Mom and Dad unpacked all the bags full of goodies in my room. It looked like Target and Buy Buy Baby threw up all over the place when they were done. Now don't get me wrong this is not a bad problem to have.

 


Now that Mom and Dad are well equipped to handle me, Mom has started the washing and final steps to get the room just perfect for my arrival. I guess they call it nesting and I'd reckon she's in full nesting mode. I think the hardest part for her is finding a place to put everything, once again, not a bad problem to have right?

I've been waiting until I had a picture to show you... I wanted to introduce you to my cousin who is due just a few days before me. Mom's cousin Tia is pregnant with a little baby girl. Her due date is Feb 2nd and she goes to the same midwives as I do. Mom always says how cool it would be for me and my cousin to come at the same time so we can be neighbors in the hospital.


At the shower Brooklynne got to open a present too. She really loves to eat wrapping paper!


All in all the shower was a big success and Mom and Dad felt so blessed to have everyone show up and for all the amazing gifts they received. I'll be sure to thank you all when I can get out of here and actually learn to talk.

As for my friends, this was a big week for them too as they decided it was time to make their grand entrance into the world. Mary, Mom's coworker had her daughter Caitlyn Grace on Saturday night. Caitlyn was 7lbs, 5 oz and born on her actual due date.


Check out all the hair she was born with! She looks just like her Daddy.


Mom's other friend Kristy was a few days past her due date when her son Maddox was born. He was also born on Saturday but at 4:05 in the morning! Maddox weighed 8lbs, 8 oz when he was born.


And just to give you an update one of my BFFs... baby Yurcus revealed to the world that she's a girl this week. Mom and Jen took our first picture together, Jen is 21 weeks prego and Mom is just shy of 37 weeks. I think I look like a torpedo in this picture. Dad keeps saying I'm regulation basketball size now.


Also, I wanted to share some of our family photos from our maternity session with Connie. We went to Ft. Desoto beach when Mom was just over seven months pregnant and had these photos taken. Mom loves the one of Dad kissing my belly, she says it's priceless. Looking at these I realize how much I've grown since they were taken.




Well I think that's enough for tonight. This could be one of my last blogs before I'm here but I'm hoping Mom lets me get on the computer at least once more to update you with where everything stands before the big day. We'll just have to see. I know our bags are mostly packed and it's just a waiting game from here on out.


Donut out.



No comments:

Post a Comment