Sunday, January 22, 2012

the waiting game...

Well I don't know about you but I'm getting really excited. I can hear all the chatter outside about my arrival so it's really got me pumped to get the heck out of here.... trouble is, I guess I'm just not quite cooked enough. Now that I've reached 38 weeks I'm able to join the rest of you without any worries of having anything underdeveloped. At this stage I'm just continuing to get bigger, based on averages I should be about 6.8 lbs and just over 19 inches long by now. Mommy was really small when she was born and Daddy was quite a bit bigger so perhaps I'll be somewhere in the middle. Here's my latest heartbeat from my 37 week appointment.


As you can see my heartbeat is still in the mid 130s and much slower than it was previously. Mom's belly measured right at 37 cm so we seem to be right on track so far. Below are my two latest progression series photos by Connie. The one on the left is from 33 weeks, the one on the right, 36 weeks.

  
Lately I've been moving a lot at night, even after Mom falls asleep Daddy can still feel me moving all around. I know they get a kick (get it "kick"?) out of watching Mom's belly do the wave and try to encourage me to move by giving me sweet treats like strawberries.

This last weekend I had a very special guest come all the way from California to visit! Mom's best friend Kelly, flew in to spend the weekend with us and help Mom with last minute preps. Auntie Kelly helped Mom tidy up the room and put together my bouncy seat so it's ready for me.



I know Mom wishes Auntie Kelly had a baby in her belly too but she knows her time is coming soon so she'll patiently wait... but until then she can pretend.


Mom loved having Auntie Kelly around and can't wait to see her again when she visits Florida. It was just like old times for the two of them and I could tell Mom was really happy when she was here. I'll be excited to finally meet her in person too.

While Auntie Kelly was here she thought it was funny to walk in and see our dog Tengo trying to steal Mom's attention from my stuff so she snapped the pic below. Seems as if Tengo might have a little problem getting use to having me around.


Speaking of Tengo, I had to share this video with you. Mom and Dad recently got a very special gift from one of Mom's "other mothers" Suzanne. They absolutely love my new little teddy bear and noticed Tengo was slightly scared and curious about it each time they played with it. Mom had to record this video to share with you.



A lot of other wonderful things happened this week. The biggest announcement is that my cousin was born! Giana Marguerite Howard was born this morning, Jan 22nd at Tampa General Hospital. Her Mom, Tia, is Mom's first cousin and Giana was due just a few days before me. Mom can't wait to go visit them tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be long before I can meet her in person myself.


Today I had a very special celebration at church. Mom teaches first grade on Sundays and her co-teacher, Mrs. Shelley threw their quarterly birthday party and made it a point to include me in the celebration. It was technically my first birthday party. I got an adorable owl candle as a present and a card signed my all the kids.


Mom thought it would be fun to ask the kiddos to guess if I'm going to be a boy or girl. As you can see the votes for boy outweigh the votes for girl, but that's been typical throughout Mom's pregnancy.



Today I also I got to visit with two of my other friends who are new to the world. Mom and her friend Rachel went on a baby visiting tour and got to spend time with baby Caitlyn and baby Layla. Aren't they precious? Mom absolutely loved holding them and playing with their heads full of hair.



Last but not least this week I went to the beach... twice! The first time Mommy, Uncle AJ and cousin Brooklynne took me. This was Brooklynne's first visit to the beach. It was a little chilly so Brooklynne had to stay bundled up but she still looked cute as always.


Our second trip to the beach was with Mom's BFF Auntie Cheryl. She worried the whole time Mom was going to go into labor, Mom found it quite humorous and kept teasing her that she was going to deliver at any moment. During this visit Mom had half of her sandwich stolen right out of her hand by a nasty seagull. I can't believe a bird would deprive me of my lunch but I guess that's how they roll. I can't wait to taunt them when I head back to the beach this summer.

Oh, before I forget... Last night MiMi and ChiChi took Mom and Dad shopping to pick out my coming home from the hospital outfit! They had lots of fun looking through all the baby clothes and picked out some good stuff for me. I can't wait to show off my new threads!

I think that's all the news for now. Have a happy week and hopefully I'll be seeing you soon!

-xoxo-
Donut

1 comment:

  1. We cant wait to see little Donut. I hope you are right about weight. I was small and Noel was big. My girls were huge!

    Nora heartily approves of the peek-a-boo bear. She actually tried to grab it off the computer screen! Then she started playing peek-a-boo with it. So much fun to come for you guys!

    ReplyDelete